August 22nd, 2001 - I've decided to give these old pages
a new home. The content is old, but perhaps it is still useful.
NOTE: Opinions expressed here are mine and mine
only. So there.
- 03/09/2000 - It's been awhile since I've done any updates. I was actually
without internet access for awhile, but now have settled back down (sorta)
and will begin working on a rewrite of this site. No updates have really
been done but Dreamweaver updates the timestamp even if I change one character
on the page. I'll work on fixing that when I get a chance.
- 11/26/99 - Updates will be coming to all my Disney pages to reflect a
trip I just returned from. Also, the photo archive site has over 11,000
photos now thanks to adding tons from Disney World and Universal.
- 10/25/99 - A brief mention about my wonderful girlfriend/fiance added
to my About Al infopage.
- 07/25/99 - Tons of misc updates, involving deleting alot of pages that
are no longer valid and fixing a few things. Tons more to do, yet.
- 07/20/99 - BetaBrite specs availabe at my LED Sign
infopage. Also, various other minor updates have happened in the past few
weeks. Dig for them.
- 05/11/99 - More Disneyland stuff.
- 04/09/99 - Adventureland info.
- 04/05/99 - Updated my OS-9 infopage.
- 04/04/99 - Al's Place returns, at least temporarily. Due to many requests,
I've placed the old site back online. Not all links are working. Sorry.
My Disneyland page has and will be updated shortly,
reflecting my recent visit to the park.
- 01/23/99 - For no apparent reason, I have updated my Adventureland
- 01/21/99 - 1999 is here, which starts the fifth year of this web
site. To celebrate the new year, I've decided to slow every page down with
a larger (but fancier) graphic. Is it worth it? Not really, the content
remains the same, but what the heck. I've also changed the background to
blue, as an indication of how my personal life if right now. Enjoy.
- 01/16/99 - Minor CoCo InfoPage updates, and the
inclusion of my CoCoFest report from PennFest
2 back in August 98.
- 01/06/99 - In honor of my recently aquired iMac,
I have decided to put up a page to document my migration from Windows to
- 01/02/99 - The first official update of 1999! Basically, I took down the
Christmas decorations and my midi and
updated my Beta-Brite InfoPage. Welcome to 99,
which I predict will be one of the finest I've ever had.
- 12/29/98 - New Beta-Brite LED sign information.
- 12/28/98 - I decided to make public a file which has secretly been available
on my web site for most of this past year. Check out my vanity
page for details. Real Audio required :)
- 11/27/98 - Happy Holidays! Misc updates (minor) have happened in the past
weeks, but this one is for the addition of a holiday song on my main
page. I hope your holiday is sunny!
- 10/30/98 - Happy Halloween. I spent two weekends at Walt Disney World
and added over 1400 new photos. Check out my various Disney
theme park pages for updates. Updated the launchpad
page to reflect new additions.
- 10/18/98 - More Magic Kingdom stuff, and an Epcot
- 10/17/98 - A new page for Disney's Animal Kingdom
theme park has been added. My FTP
photo site contains nearly FIVE HUNDRED photos I took today at
the Animal Kingdom. Also, a handful of new images from MGM.
- 10/16/98 - Watch for weekend updates on my Walt
Disney World pages!
- 10/13/98 - News about my upcoming Walt Disney World
- 09/17/98 - Added a link to the Al
Dages Memorial on my CoCo InfoPage. We miss
- 09/01/98 - A new page just for my book, CoCoFest
- 08/30/98 - "I've had alls I can stands, and I canst stands no
more!" New addition on my Roots of All Evil
- 08/28/98 - Added a new online order link on the CoCo
page for Roger Taylor's Projector-3. Also, added links to all my Epcot
photos. Joined the OS-9 web ring. Added a new link
on my PhotoPC page.
- 08/26/98 - Updated the Sub-Etha Software page.
- 08/24/98 - In search for knowledge... A new page about my LED
- 08/23/98 - A new link on the Adventureland
- 08/22/98 - CoCo page updates, including how to
order my book via the web!
- 08/11/98 - My new location is operation. I have removed most all of the
preview images (Disney, CoCoFest, etc.) from this location.
- 08/08/98 - Check out http://www.disneyfans.com.
This will soon be the new home of the Al's Place Photo Archives and
will contain all 4,600+ photos. This site will be available 24 hours a day,
meaning you don't have to be lucky and catch me online
anymore to access them. Over the next few days I'll be uploading my photos
there, then eventually creating an entirely new indexed site organized by
park and attraction.
- 05/30/98 - New news and photos from Disneyland
as well as a new Hidden Mickey! The Preview
Gallery has also been expanded to include all my new Tomorrowland
- 05/10/98 - New Adventureland observations.
- 05/06/98 - Added news about my potential Disneyland
- 05/03/98 - Welcome to the new home of Al's Place, originating from my
server on Delphi. I have altered my
pobox.com aliases to redirect you to
this new location so if you have bookmarked my site at the old GeoCities
location, please update your links by following the one at the top of each
page! (This will be a confusing transition for awhile).
I have also done some updates to my Adventureland
InfoPage to reflect the 1998 season opening.
- 04/10/98 - NOTICE! My home page will soon be moving to a
new host due to problems with ftp access to GeoCities lately. If you have
noticed pages that "contained no data" and other problems, this
is why. Even though Geo now gives me 5 or 6 megs of free storage, the unavailability
of ftp access (meaning I cannot post my ftp server status) is making
me relocate. Those of you who are accessing the site as the address of www.pobox.com
will not need to do anything as I will update it to point to my new location.
Anyone who has bookmarked the "real" locations as www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/1842
will need to update your links to reflect my new home. (When you do this,
please use the www.pobox.com site since you should never have to
change it.) More details when I get the move done. Fortunately, myHTML
pre-processor program I use to maintain this site will make my end of things
Also ... news added to my CoCo InfoPage.
- 03/07/98 - Updates to my CoCo InfoPage!
- 02/11/98 - Since the 1998 season for Adventureland
will be happening in just a few more months, I decided to update that page
and reformat the review page as well. No biggie.
- 02/08/98 - My programs page has some details
on some new utilities I am working on and actually using to create
the pages on my site. You may (or may not) notice other small changes throughout
Al's Place as I continue to tweek and evolve things.
- 02/02/98 - My Epcot page now has a link to a
very good Test Track page which is maintained by someone close to the attraction.
Some other minor changes may be found on other pages which I forgot to list
- 01/29/98 - After returning from a visit to Walt Disney World, I
have taken a few moments to post updates on my Disney,
Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and
Disney/MGM Studios pages. I may also add a page for
Universal Studios at some point. Also, about 30 megs of new photos can be
found in my evolving ftp site.
Also, the Laser Challenge Pro page has major
code updates, thanks to FATH0M's e-mail, and a few minor changes to the
main Laser Tag InfoPage.
- 01/15/98 - More new Laser Challenge Pro codes (thanks, Erikg!). I'm also
experimenting with a Web camera for my site, though I don't know where that
- 01/03/98 - Added new codes to the Laser Challenge
PRO infopage. Finally :)
- 12/30/97 - Since I will be heading out (hopefully) to visit both Walt
Disney World and Disneyland the first part of 1998, I took a few moments
to make a note of that on my various Disney pages.
Also! I now have a new web-based
- 12/21/97 - Some minor updates have happened over the past few weeks, including
putting up new counters on all my pages for better traffic tracking. As
soon as I get them all synchronized, the old counters will go away. Also,
I did some updates to my Sub-Etha Software InfoPage.
- 11/07/97 - More Z-Player information, and updates
to my useless self-promotion page, including
a new top secret photo page for some of my Al
- 11/01/97 - The Z-Player drivers are back on
Zenith's website, so I updated my page to reflect that.
- 10/22/97 - After not being on my computer for a month, I've taken a few
quick moments to do some updates. Mainly, my new Laser
Tag section, for fans/players of arena and home laser tag games, and
some small updates to my Z-Player page.
- 09/05/97 - A new Photo Gallery Previews page
is available featuring (currently) thumbnail images of all of my
Disneyland photos. Whew!
- 08/27/97 - Check out the Disney pages since
they now include some information from my August visit to Disneyland.
- 08/26/97 - Okay, I'm in the process of converting my entire web site over
to use a new HTML-preprocessor I am working on. This will make maintaining
the pages much easier, so watch for (minor) changes soon.
- 08/12/97 - I'll be visiting Disneyland soon,
so I updated some of my Disney pages to reflect that. Also, I should be
doing a major overhaul to the site in the near future thanks to a new html
file processor I am writing. More news on this soon (shareware).
- 06/30/97 - Minor cleanups/edits to the Disney pages and CoCo page.
- 06/06/97 - Many updates to various Disney pages over the past weeks.
- 05/12/97 - Updated Disney pages with information
about my Disney trip.
- 04/02/97 - Added links to my ONLINE
page, which will let you see if I'm currently logged in and, if so, you
can chat with me or access my personal ftp and www servers
and be able to browse and download my digital photograph collection, featuring
alot of images from Walt Disney World, Disneyland,
and other Theme Parks and "neat" places.
Check it out!
- 04/01/97 - Updated my Roots of Non-Evil praise
page with a new caffeine enriched water product, Aqua Java.
- 03/30/97 - Thanks to inspiration from my net-pal Scrappy, I've created
thumbnail preview screens for most of my theme park image galleries. You
can now check out GIF files (800x600x256) that show my collections of Theme
Park, Walt Disney World, and Disneyland
pictures. Please check them out and let me know if you want any of the full
versions. I'll clean these pages up as soon as I get a better idea how to
- 03/27/97 - Added a link to the CoCo Friends Disk Magazine on my CoCo
page. Thanks, Stuart!
- 03/20/97 - Updates the Yamaha W5/W7 page with
details of my drive replacement, and also tweeked the info screen for the
virtual Disneyland Main Street tour.
- 03/07/97 - My PhotoPC page has been revised
to reflect the availability of new software free from Epson. I also
took some time to update my Yamaha W5/W7 page as
- 03/02/97 - Updated my CoCo InfoPage to reflect
new dates for the Chicago CoCoFest in April, as well as adding e-mail links
to the Glenside CoCo Club president and vice presidents.
- 02/27/97 - My Non-Roots of All Evil page has
a new topic to sing the praises of - non-mainstream bottled drinks.
- 02/22/97 - I revised my CoCo InfoPage a bit, adding
more information on various CoCo clubs and publications, as well as a new
link to a page containing information on the upcoming PA
- 02/13/97 - Updated my index slightly, moving some things around. No big
deal, really. I changed the About Al page too.
I know you will want to check that out.
- 01/05/97 - Now that I have my other ISP setup (with 10 megs of web storage!)
I have put up the entire Virtual
Disneyland Main Street pages. To reflect this, I updated the links on
the Disney Theme Parks, Disneyland,
and Programs pages.
Sadly, I lost the hard drive in my personal laptop which means alot of my
work in the past two weeks (since my last backup!) is gone. Fortunately,
I had uploaded all my pages to the new ISP the night before it happened!
- 01/01/97 - Added the What's New and Launchpad
pages. Also, the site is now located as www.pobox.com/~alsplace.
Use this in your bookmarks since my GeoCities site may change in the near
What this means is that if you have your bookmarks set to any of the www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1842
pages, you may not be viewing the latest version of the site in the near
future. If you use the www.pobox.com/~allenh address, it will always
go to the current site I am using. For more information, check out pobox.com.
In the meantime, if you have problems accessing this site from time to time,
try finding it as www.geoworld.com/siliconvalley/1842.